Wednesday, May 20, 2009

10 Things

10 Things I’ll Miss About Turkey

1. The Mediterranean – both the sea and the sun.
2. Friends.
3. Fresh, cheap, and wonderful produce at the market every Saturday (and every other day of the week actually, in different locations around the city.)
4. The smell of orange blossoms and honeysuckle wafting through the air.
5. Walking or busing everywhere.
6. Huge, lazy lunches after church with the group at the restaurant down the street.
7. The slower pace of my life here. I tend to make myself really busy at home, and I was busy here too, but to a much lesser extent.
8. Traveling on the weekends to exciting and usually ancient places around Turkey.
9. The local swimming hole down the street – accessible by stairs carved into the cliff, leading down to the large rocks perfect for jumping or diving into the sea.
10. The close-knit community at St. Paul’s – living abroad makes you bond tighter and faster with those around you in similar situations.


10 Things I’m Looking Forward To In Seattle

1. Family.
2. Friends.
3. My dog Alex!
4. UPC
5. Paper Zone, Paper Zone, Paper Zone! (I already have a few paper projects in mind.)
6. Driving Pete. (For those who don’t know my car very well, his name is Pete Spur, and Lauren has been keeping him company this year.)
7. Mexican, Chinese, and Thai food.
8. Pacific Northwest beaches, trees, and birds.
9. Did I already mention friends and family?
10. Exploring Seattle for anything Turkish (restaurants, stores, books, etc.)


P.S. Did everyone catch the movie references in the last two posts? Of course I had to comment, they're some of my favorite movies! =)

2 comments:

Leah said...

Wow, it sounds like you have been packing it all in. What an amazing adventure. I sure hope I can see you this summer, what are your plans for the fall?

Zee said...

what a fun way to post what you are missing and looking forward to!

loved the previous post too, I'm way proud of you for going to Kas solo!

I hope you have some great moments in your final days.