We arrived safely! The flights were long, but fine for the most part. Whoever invented the videos-on-demand with individual screens for each passenger was brilliant! Yay for catching up on new releases for free!
Verna met us at the airport, and we went out to discover that Antalya is very muggy! It is also incredibly hot, but apparently it has cooled down from the summer months. We are currently staying in her apartment, which is big and beautiful, and looks out over the Mediterranean. Gorgeous!
I am about 12 hours into my stay in Turkey, and already I feel slightly like an idiot. Apparently I commited my first cultural no-no on the plane, when I blew my nose. Apparently "wrapping snot up in your pocket" (according to the cultural guide pamphlet) is not acceptable, and should be done only in the bathroom. Whoops. And then, in the middle of the night, when I was fumbling with the air conditioner, I somehow managed to basically turn the heat on, so we woke up sweating like crazy. I think I'll sleep much better tonight, without the extra heat. And then, I blew out my hair dryer that I hauled all the way over here, because I forgot for about 5 seconds to use the converter. Sigh, so glad I made space for it in my luggage. Oh well!
This afternoon Verna will take us to the market, which I am so looking forward to! Already we have had some amazing nectarines, and Verna says that most of the fruit is amazing here! I'm excited!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment