Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Insurance and SIM cards and Visas, Oh My!

I am now down to 3 weeks before I leave - so much to do! I am getting really excited for all that is to come, but there is a lot of preparation to do beforehand. Setting up a blog was on my list of things to do - now I can check that off! I just bought travel insurance, so I can check that off too. Purchasing a SIM card, so that I will have phone contact as soon as I get off the plane in Instabul is proving to be more difficult. Every website that I have visited is out of stock of Turkish SIM cards! Who knew that Turkey was such a huge destination point for phone users?! Not I!

Other than that, I need to round up little details - how do you pack for a year abroad? I have to figure that one out. I can sense a major shopping trip in my future... And I need to find out information like what my address will be when I am over there, and the best way to handle money. At least school is almost over - my last final ever is tomorrow, and then I will have officially graduated with a Masters in Early Childhood Special Education. I am looking forward to using it in Turkey!

No comments: